Wednesday 20 February 2019

Manga | Alice in Murderland

Author: Kaori Yuki
Title: Alice in Murderland Vol.1 
Series: Book One of 11
Rating: 4.5* 
Publisher: Yen Press
Pages: 176 pages 
Published: 27th November 2018
Format: Physical 
Bought/ARC: Christmas Gift 
Buy: Amazon UK | Amazon US | Waterstones | Book Depository | Yen Press

Now! Let the "Mad Tea Party" begin!

The Kuonji clan, owner of one of the world's top conglomerates, has a tradition: Once a month, family members attend a "Mad Tea Party." But at the latest gathering, the nine Kuonji siblings in attendance are shocked to hear a pronouncement issue from the lips of their mother, Olga-

"I'd like you children to now fight one another to the death!"

As chaos erupts, Stella, the fourth daughter, loses all reason, and suddenly a whole new Stella, complete with blonde hair and blue dress, comes out to play-!!


This was my first Manga of the year and what a way to start! It's also my first ever hardback Manga that I own too. Mum to it me for Christmas and I was really excited to get stuck into it (and I've just received book 2 as well!). 

Alice in Murderland follows the Kuonji Clan, who once  month host an Alice style tea party. It's always  highlight of the month but this time it's different. Each of the siblings must now fight to their death until one sibling remains alive. Alice in Murderland Vol. 1 follows Stella, the fourth daughter, and her transformation drink the beginning stages of the .. duel? 

I love anything Alice in Wonderland and any different takes on it, adaptations or interpretations I'm always willing to give them a go. So I was super excited to read this and get stuck in. So I waited until I had a full day to read a little and binged the full Manga in one go. It's exciting, fun and very different to the usual cutesy Alice in Wonderland we'er used to. 

I always find Manga fascinating to read due to begin such a different medium to your Average UK style book/comic/graphic novel. But the art work in this particular book was extraordinary. I loved the detailing and the little bits of Alice mixed with Manga artwork, it was just incredible and added so much to the reading experience too. 

I'll definitely continue this series, regardless of how long it is/could be. Because it's a story I'd invest in, purely because of this one volume. 

No comments:

Post a Comment