Wednesday 14 November 2018

T2 | Jade Mountain

Company: T2 Tea 
Name: Jade Mountain
Tea Type: Green Tea 
Loose or Bagged: Loose Leaf
Rating: 5*
Best Served: Hot w/o Milk
Water Temperature: 80° 
Brew For: 2-3 minutes 
Buy: T2 Online
Price: £8.50 for 100g cube. £18.50 for 250g pouch. £21 for 250g tin.  
Description: Explore Jade Mountain and discover a utopia of cocoa, brittle pieces and green tea. A hint of chocolate and sweet hazelnut praline is totally worth it.
Ingredients: Gen mai cha (roasted rice, green tea, popped rice), brittle pieces (sugar, hazelnut), cocoa husk, sweet blackberry leaves, chicory root, almonds, carob, natural and artifical flavouring
CONTAINS TREE NUTS.

I had been meaning to try this tea for the longest time. Every time you search a review for T2 or see a T2 haul nearly every time they've bought Jade Mountain. I've been shopping at T2 now for around a year and I had never picked up this blend. Mainly because when I get there I totally forget what I've gone in for or because I buy the t2 sips boxes and it rarely has Jade Mountain it even though it's a best selling tea? 

Anyway, I went to meadow hall a few weeks back with Andy and finally remembered to pick up a box of this tea. Aren't I glad I did! This tea is delicious. It was always penned as the Liquid Nutella Tea and it does actually have that creamy, chocolate-y flavour we all know and love. The main thing I love about this tea is how chunky the leaves are. It'll easily brew in any strainer (even those comical silicone ones too!). But the large leaf gives the tea such a better flavour. 



This tea smells incredible. it has a deep chocolate scent with that nutty aroma from the hazelnuts. But the scent of the tea is nothing compared to the flavour. The flavour of the green tea does have the favourably well known earthy flavour but this tastes slightly different. It's cleaner with a fresher taste almost lighter than normal. I love the flavour of Gen Mai Cha it's a little more... rustic. With the roasted flavour from the popped rice. 

But what really makes this a stand out brew is the hazelnuts. Hazelnuts are one of my favourite nuts and I rarely see it present in many tea blends. So I was happy to find a brew where this flavour stood out amongst the other ingredients. With the nuttiness from the Hazelnut Brittle and the smooth creamy flavours from the Cocoa Husks this tea is just delicious. I really wish I'd picked it up a lot sooner. 

I highly recommend this brew, and even to those who don't enjoy green tea. The flavours add to the overall brew but aren't a prominent flavour. You could also add a little sweetener if you like to heighten the flavours of the cocoa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment