Sunday 4 November 2018

Leaves of the World | Caramelised Pear-drop Cake


So this months post is Autumnal, Sweet, Delicious and something completely new to me. I have never tried poached pears before and I've never tried an upside down cake either before. So when Leaves of the World sent me the new Caramelised Peardrop Tea I couldn't think of what I could make  but I knew for a fact it was this tea I wanted to use. But I came up with the idea of poached pears in pear tea, how perfect. But then I had the idea of adding cake and making it a little special. Well, it's Autumn! 
That's where I got the idea of a Caramelised Peardrop and Poached Pear Cake from.

You Will Need:
- Two Cake Mix (I used Morrison's Basic Vanilla Sponge)
- 1 Can of Diet lemonade

- 4 Pears (Buy the hardest you can find)

- 6 Leaf Loaders of Caramelised Peardrop Tea 

- 1 tsp. Vanilla (or honey if you prefer)

- 1 Litre of Water 

For the Pears:
- Peal all four pears and set aside

- In a large heavy based pan add 1 litre of boiling water, 6 leaf loaders of your tea and the vanilla (you could use honey if you'd prefer but I opted for a vegan cake)

- Bring to the boil and simmer for an hour. 

- Remove the pears from the syrup and leave the syrup to boil for another 20-30 minutes until thick. 

- Slice the pears down the middle and leave to cool in the fridge. 

For the Cake: 
- Add both packs of cake mix into a heavy bowl and add half the can of Lemonade and stir well.

- Fold in the remaining lemonade and set the cake mix aside.

- Line your tin with vegan spread/butter or any kind of non stick spray. Line the base with a disk of greaseproof paper.

- Place your cooled pears, it doesn't matter if they're totally cool, sliced side down into your tin. Like this:



- Pour over the cake mixture. If you want you could sprinkle over a little brown sugar or coconut if you'd prefer. But I didn't.

- Bake for an hour or until a skewer comes clean from the centre. Depending on your oven these times may vary.

- Serve with Vegan Squirty cream and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment