Tuesday 23 October 2018

Leaves of the World | Rep Box - September

Afteroon Guys! So today I have my review of the September Box from Leaves of the World. I do want to publicly apologise for how far behind with these reviews I am. I have been having some life issues and health issues which have made it difficult for me to keep up to date and sods chance of getting in front. Hopefully over the next few months I'll iron this out and get up to date while also putting together a proper posting schedule so you'll all know where I'm at! *I also have this months box too! There are some super exciting things doing ups ith LOTW and I'm really excited to share these with you. This box is full of Late goodness, so every tea is a latte with a recc on which Vegan Mylk I think tastes best with each brew. But you can always jazz it up and give it a go with which ever you like. 


Buddha Buddy
Company: Leaves of the World
Tea Type: Infusion
Loose or Bagged: Loose
Rating: 5*
Best Served: Hot or as a Latte (Latte using Almond Mylk!)
Water Temperature: 100°
Brew For: 3-4 minutes I find is ideal
Buy: Leaves of the World
Price: £5.50 for 50g and £10 for 100g
Description: Hey there, fancy a feel good blend? I’m a cinnamon chai with a delicious set of spices. I’m not as hot as my friend the hot monk if you’ve met. I am your buddy in time of need. Take off your shoes, lay back, and relax with your Buddha Buddy
Ingredients: Organic: cinnamon, cardamom seeds, black pepper, clove and ginger

This is one of my favourite blends from Leaves of the World. It's warming and spicy without that caffeine hit. I rarely find a nice chai style tea without black tea as a main ingredient. Black tea isn't my favourite and I'm always more inclined to opt for a caffeine free tea first.So this is both caffeine free and delicious. It makes the perfect latte before bed, instead of a calorific hot chocolate. None of the spices are overbearing or overpowering, they're perfectly blended together. 

A Warm Hug
Company: Leaves of the World
Tea Type: Black tea
Loose or Bagged: Loose
Rating: 4.5*
Best Served: As a Latte with Coconut Mylk
Water Temperature: 90°
Brew For: 4 minutes
Buy: Leaves of the World
Price: £5.50 for 50g and £10 for 100g
Description: Come quick my dears, let me warm your cockles up with a nice big warm hug. Pop them slippers on and sit back and relax with a big mug of me. I’ve got everything you need to warm you right up
Ingredients: Organic: Black tea, cinnamon, apple pieces, pineapple, pear pieces, hibiscus, liquorice, ginger, cardamom, cloves and pepper.

A warm hug is exactly that. A warm hug in a mug. I love this in a morning, when it's freezing cold on the way to work. A big travel mug of this is perfection. It literally makes a monday morning feel ok. The black tea is bold and strong without being nasty and bitter which I love. You can really tell this is a good quality black tea. Blended with the winter spices of he cinnamon, ginger and cardamom it's the right base for a chai inspired brew. The liquorice and pear pieces give the tea a subtle sweetness balancing the flavours of spices and fruit together and make this a very unique flavour. 

Matcha Carobeauty 
Company: Leaves of the World
Tea Type: Matcha 
Loose or Bagged: Loose
Rating: 500*
Best Served: Latte style! Perfect with Oat Mylk
Water Temperature: 80°
Brew For: Add hot water, and whisk. No steeping required! 
Buy: Leaves of the World
Price: 20g for £15.50
Description: Okay, so a lot of you may not of heard of the super health benefits of Carob and Astragalus, so let me give you the 411 on what I'm allll about. Firstly, Carob has a beautiful, rich chocolatey taste, without any fats! Carob is also naturally high in calcium and vitamins and minerals, a natural antioxidant, and is also a power plant when it comes to digestion. With it's subtly sweet and earthy chocolatey taste, it's a perfect fit for it's friend over here, Astragalus.
Astragalus is a virtually unheard of herb among most people, however, once you begin to take notice of it's health benefits, you'll never want to live without it again. Medicinally used for centuries to treat heart and respiratory problems, even the common cold is no match for it, Astragalus is one of the worlds best herbs for improving the immune system. It even has cancer fighting properties as well as a whole range of other respiratory aiding benefits. Buddhist practices use Astragalus to enhance 'qi' which is Vital Energy.
Putting these two tasty beasts with your main man Matcha over here, and we've got ourselves a winner baby! 
If you fancy a treat, you can also latte me to get a creamier chocolatey taste.
Ingredients: Organic: Matcha Garucha, Carob Bean, Astragalus.
When I first received this tea I was beyond excited to try it. I have a love hate relationship with Matcha, I either love it or hate it and I was curious to see where this would go. I've heard of Carob Beans before but never heard of Astragalus. With the mounds of health properties this super tea has it was right up at the top of my to try list. It's absolutely incredible. If you're new to Matcha or you aren't that fond of that earthy flavour then this is definitely the Matcha for you. It's sweeter, creamier and packed with even more health benefits than your original Matcha!! Could it get any better? Yes, yes it could because it tastes like hot chocolate. Brewed with any nut Mylk this is sure to be delicious but I brewed it with Oatly Barista which kept the sweetness down and enhanced those earthy flavours. It tastes cosy and comfy. Especially after a crap day at work or freezing your preverbal off somewhere 'outdoorsy'. 
Nanna's Brew
Company: Leaves of the World
Tea Type: Black Tea
Loose or Bagged: Loose
Rating: 4*
Best Served: Latte! Hazelnut Mylk
Water Temperature: °
Brew For: 
Buy: Leaves of the World
Price: £5.50 for 50g and £10 for 100g
Description: Ey up there. This is my proper cuppa, a real Yorkshire brew like I've always liked it. Strong, punchy, and a little sweetness too! If you like a strong cuppa like me, with or without a dollop of milk, you'll like this. It's how I've always made it!
Ingredients: Organic: Broken black tea blend. Natural flavour

Now, this tea is different. Like I said previously, and do a lot, I am not a huge fan of black tea and this essentially is a predominantly black tea. But the flavour is quite nice and enjoyable. It's definitely more a first thing in a morning kick me up the butt caffeine fix type tea. Which to me is a good thing. Everybody needs 'that' tea! It has an earthy boldness to it with a nice touch of sweetness from the natural flavour. I enjoyed this. Making this into a latte with Hazlenut milk heightens the flavour of the nut milk nd the nut milk just allows the tea to shine into that perfect sweetness without the sugar. 

Bubblegum Yum
Company: Leaves of the World
Tea Type: Green 
Loose or Bagged: Loose
Rating: 5*
Best Served: Latte with Coconut Mylk
Water Temperature: 80°
Brew For: 2-3 minutes
Buy: Leaves of the World
Price: £4.50 for 50g and £8.00 for 100g
Description: Who put the yum in bubblegum? I did. That's right. I'm a sweet cranberry sencha green tea but don't let that fool ya! I make a delicious hot tea, but my secret is to brew me as a latte, hot or iced, and I freak out! It's like chompin' on gum. Chew on that peeps 
Ingredients: Organic: Green tea, cranberries (cranberries, raw cane sugar), rose petals and orange peel. Natural orange flavour.

This. Is. FIT. Literally. If you ever loved the blue slushy or bubblegum flavoured anything as a kid this is nostalgia in a cup. It baffles me every time how LOTW always manage to get teas to actually taste like other foods. Like The Jaffa, Caramalised Pear Drop or Bubblegum. Amazing!! This tea is delicious, it's sweet, it's creamy, it's earthy. The green tea is a very underlying flavour so if you're not a lover of green tea it's ok, you'll probably love this anyway. The sweetness from the orange peel and natural flavour mask the earthier tones from the green tea. Whilst the floral notes from the rose petals mellow the flavour into something superb. If you're trying to cut the calories before Little Black Dress season this would make a better after dinner treat than a dessert too. 

Fancy trying these tea's? Well if you use TEANOMADBECCA20 you'll get 20% off any teas across their whole site. And if you're ready for the colder weather these latte's will make the perfect addition to any kitchen cupboard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment