Saturday 23 February 2019

Piacha | Black and Cherry

Company:  Picha 
Name: Black and Cherry
Tea Type: Black Tea 
Loose or Bagged: Loose Leaf
Rating: 3/5
Best Served: Hot 
Water Temperature: 100°
Brew For: 5 minutes
Price:  £6.84 for 75g. £5.58 for 15 tea bags.
Description: This refreshing Ceylon black tea is brimming with creamy, sweet cherry flavour. A beautiful, distinctive flavour combination that will have you coming back for more.
Ingredients: Sri Lankan black tea, cranberry pieces (cranberry, sugar, rice flour, vegetable oil (sunflower)), vanilla pieces, flavour.

I seriously loved this tea, so much! It was actually my favourite of the teas that Piacha kindly sent to me. I am such a fan of Cherry and anything Cherry flavoured generally gets my attention, and even though I don't find myself drinking much black tea I was really excited to give this brew a go. 

The smells that come from this tea are incredible. The scents from the black tea are robust and bold, with a nice strong smell to them. The added cherry flavour really makes you think of Black Forest Gateux, which I adore! 


The flavour from this tea are great. The cherry flavour really mellows perfectly with the flavours from the Ceylon tea. I didn't taste too much of the black tea, which was actually quite a bonus for me. if anything the ceylon tea was a carrier for the stunningly strong flavours of the cherry. The black tea definitely lifts the sweetness of the cherry flavour. But it does have a little bit of tartness right at the end, which balance sour the initial sweet flavours which I really loved. 


It would be perfect for an Iced Tea! Cold brew Black and Cherry, frozen cherries and topped with a little bit of Soda/Sparkling Water or Lemonade would be perfect in the hot weather. 


I probably will end up buying some more of this tea but only when my stash has significantly dwindled. Or when it gets closer to the Summer moths as it's so refreshing! It's a bold, sweet and a bit tart blend thats perfect for those mid day sips. But black tea isn't my favourite and I have SO much tea to drink right now it's a joke... But after I make my collection substantially smaller I actually probably might contemplate picking up a small sachet for iced tea. 


No comments:

Post a Comment