Tuesday 3 December 2019

Recipe | Mrs Claus' Banging Biscuits Custard

Happy Tuesday! And 'happy-becca-is-3-days-late-at-posting-again' woohoo! This post is in Collaboration with Kim @ Tea is a Wish - more info below.

But we got a rep package again and it contained all the new exciting Christmas blends from Leaves of the World, and I decided to go with a favourite and use Mrs Claus' Banging Biscuits in my recipe.

I absolutely love when LOTW bring out there Xmas blends and I was excited to see this return. I really miss something nice and full of flavour since going Vegan to go with my Christmas puds, so I thought I'd make my own. And Voilà CUSTARD!

What You'll Need:

- 3 tbsp Cornflour/Cornstarch

- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup

- 30g Mrs Claus' Banging Biscuits Tea (or any other Chai type tea, LOTW is the better option!)

- 500ml Alpro Coconut Milk (or any preferred milk)

Instructions:

- Gently heat 500ml of your desired milk, I used Alpro Coconut Milk (the one in a carton not a tin), and add the 30g of tea leaves to the milk.

- Gently heat for around 5-10 minutes until the milk has visibly changed colour and the flavour has started to infuse.


- Pour the milk and tea leaves into a jar and leave to cool for a couple of hours in the fridge

- Once cooled take the milk mixture from the fridge and sieve

- Add your Cornflour to a pan with 3 tbsp of the tea infused milk and whisk until all combined

- When it's all combined add the rest of your milk and whilst continually whisking add the 2 tbsp of maple syrup to the mixture

- Switch to a wooden spoon and continually mix until the mixture thickens. Add more cornflour if you prefer it thicker!

- Either use now or store in the fridge in an airtight jar





If you want to try out this recipe then don't forget you can get 20% off at Leaves of the World by using TEANOMADBECCA20 at checkout. You could also use any of their christmas teas in this recipe! If you try it definitely tag me so I can see!

Mrs Claus' Banging Biscuits is a stunning spicy chai inspired blend and was one of my favourite Christmas teas of 2018. It contains: black tea, ginger, cinnamon, aniseed, peppercorns, cloves and natural vanilla flavouring.



Kim @ Tea Is A Wish has made a beautiful crumble recipe that would air amazingly well with this custard.

No comments:

Post a Comment