Sunday 11 February 2018

We Are Tea | Pick n Mix Box


A couple of weeks ago We Are Tea were kind enough to send me on of their new Pick n Mix box of tea. It's a fabulous box filled with teabag samples s you can find exactly what you like, without buying a full box. I love these and I think they're such a fabulous idea, not only to try new teas but to have a selection in your work drawers or handbag if you're weird like me! The idea of the Pick n Mix box is really good to me, and I do think all tea companies should jump on board.  I'm more likely to try out some teas if I don't have to commit to a full box of 12, 20 or sometimes even 50 bags of the same brew! 

The We Are Tea Pick n Mix box has a range of everything. Form their sleep tea to Tummy Tea, Earl Grey to English Breakfast and Peppermint to Moroccan Mint. There is literally something to match every tea lovers favourite. 

I have finally worked my way through this wonderful box, and here are my thoughts on the flavours: 

  • 2 x English Breakfast: a smooth malty blend of Indian Assam black tea leaves
    • English Breakfast isn't my favourite tea. i actually don't like it, but I gave this tea away and they said it was a really nice Breakfast Brew and anyone who drank English Breakfast would really enjoy this first thing in a Morning. 
  • 2 x Earl Grey: a strong black tea with a delicate, elusive bergamot flavour
    • I'm only just getting into Earl Grey and working my way through the 'upper class' of Earl Grey teas. I don't like floral flavours so I wanted to try a loose leaf option instead. The We Are Tea Earl Grey is really a beautiful brew. It's full of flavour, with a strong black tea flavour and the bergamot isn't too overpowering either. 
  • 2 x Moroccan Mint: a refreshing blend of gunpowder green tea and peppermint
    • Moroccan Mint is my favourite tea above all else. It has been ever since I tried in Marrakech. This is so close to the tea I tried over there, and it's nice to have a go to tea that is full of flavour and really well balanced. 
  • Sencha: refreshing hand rolled green tea, light and mellow in flavour
    • I am definitely trying to branch out my tastes in tea this year starting with plain green teas over flavoured. I brewed this for just two minutes in 80 degree water and I was pleasantly surprised by the flavour. It was clean, crisp and very refreshing 
  • Peppermint: slow dried peppermint leaf with a clean & refreshing flavour
    • Peppermint is always in my cupboard at home, at work and I usually have some on me too. I have a temperamental tummy so this is more medicinal too. Peppermint tea can often be overpowering and overbrewed. But I really enjoyed this tea, it's fresh and minty. Everything you need for a mid-afternoon pick me up. 
  • Sleep: a calming blend of chamomile, lavender & rose
    • This was probably one of my favourites in the box, quite herbal but very soothing and relaxing. I'll definitely be picking up a full box of this to wind down at the end of a hectic day. 
  • Soothe: a soothing digestive tea with ginger and mint
    • The flavour of this tea is incredible. It's zesty, awakening and perfect for first thing in a morning if you don't like the lemon and ginger brews this would be a great swap out. 
  • Alert: natural get up and go effect with ginkgo & ginseng
    • This will be another repurchase option for me. That afternoon slump would be kicked away with this energising brew. 
  • Protect: immune boosting properties with elderflower and echinacea
    • I really enjoyed this, elderflower is one of my favourite flavours and it was quite prominent in this brew. The Echinacea is also great for boosting your immune system and stopping the winter flu getting to you as easily, which is always a bonus! Quite a fruity brew. 

At only £6 for 12 different individually wrapped teabags I think the Pick n mix box is great value for money. Not only the price is good it's also a lot less waste if you don't like a certain flavour too. As well, the box is literally covered in tea puns and they're brilliant! 

You can buy it here from We Are Tea Online Store!

We Are Tea also have Buy One Get One Half Price on all teas through February too! If you don't like placing orders online I found Morrison's have the largest selection of We Are Teas and they even have their SimpliciTEA Infuser. 


No comments:

Post a Comment