Wednesday 13 June 2018

Leaves of the World | Fruit Salad Tea-Pops!

So since Britain seems to be in this season the rest of the world calls Summer? I thought I'd inject some sunshine into my recipe this month. What else is better than a Tea-Pop? A Tea-Pop is an ice pop/ice lolly made from iced tea. Pretty simple, pretty delicious. 

Company: Leaves of the World
Name: Fruit Salad
Tea Type: Green/Fruit Mix
Loose or Bagged: Loose Leaf
Rating: 5*
Best Served: Hot w/o Milk or Iced
Water Temperature: 80° 
Brew For: 2-3 minutes (including during the recipe!)
Price: £5.50 for 50g. £10 for 100g. 

Description: I'm possibly the most refreshing new kid on the block. My melange of fruit is sure to give your taste buds that mouth-watering feeling. Filled with peach pineapple, lemon and rose, I am quite simply to die for! You can make me hot or iced, or even better, use me as a base for a fruit punch bowl. Take it to the next level, and ice me as a lollypop overnight! Delish! 

Ingredients: Organic: apple, lemon peel. Natural pineapple flavour. Organic: Sencha green tea, peach, rose flower petals, marigold blossoms

The fruit salad tea is absolutely delicious. I love it. It tastes exactly like those Fruit Salad sweets you could get in a pick 'n' mix bag when you were little. now I'm just hoping they do a Black Jacks tea to match. IMAGINE THOUGH! *heart eyes*. 

Anyway I did actually get a mystery taste of this tea a month before it was released and adored the blend so much, I secretly hoped it was released. It's just such a summery brew. It's a tea that you drink, in the hopes it stays piping hot and lasts forever. When you get to the bottom of the mug and wonder if it's acceptable to brew another pot!! 

Fruit salad is also a really nice chunky tea too. As soon as you open the packet the scent is just incredible. I couldn't wait to try the tea and it was actually the first I tried (even with a pina colada tea in the pack!!). You could really see the full pieces of fruit and tea leaves, which I always like in a tea. It shows quality and allows the tea leaves to unfurl and brew properly. 



It has a nice balanced sweetness from the apple and natural pineapple flavour which a cleansing earthy flavour from the sencha green tea. The rose petals and marigold blossoms just help tone the brew and mellow all the flavours together without tasting too floral. It's rare I love a green tea hot, but this one really hit the nail on the head for me!! 





Recipe

You will need: 
100ml of Hot Water (80 degrees)
5 leaf loaders of Fruit Salad
Ice Pop Mould 
330ml can of Lemonade - Diet 
Sugar - If required

Steps:
- Add your 5 leaf loads of fruit salad tea to your brewing tool (I used my IngeniuTEA) and add the 100ml of hot water. You could use up to 125ml/150ml. It really depends on how strong you want it, add a little sugar too it you'd prefer. 

- Leave the tea to brew for around 5 minutes, which is a little longer than normal for green tea but you really want to make sure you get the maximum intense flavour form the tea as it will mellow when it's frozen!

- Strain the tea and allow to cool, I'm inpatient so I just dropped in a handful of ice instead until it wa lukewarm. Just cool enough so you don't burn yourself if it spills when filling the moulds. Always ask a responsible adult for help if you need it. 

- Top the mixture up with around half to full can of lemonade. Again, depending on how strong you'd like them or how fizzy you want the flavour to be. 

- Top you ice pop moulds with your mixture. Mine would have made around 12 if I'd had enough moulds. Instead I got six and a pack of ice cubes too

*For a fun optional extra pour a little bit of grenadine into the mould when you've topped them up. The sugar density of the grenadine will mean it'll sit at the bottom, making for a very fun and epic looking lolly for your kids once frozen!!  


Don't forget you can buy everything shown in the review:

- Fruit Salad Tea

- Leaf Loader - Perfect scoop of tea!

- Ice Pop Mould

*Use TEANOMADBECCA20 for a cheeky 20% discount at the checkout too. AND the guys at Leaves of the World also gives samples out on every order and free delivery over £30. What more could you want?


No comments:

Post a Comment